cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1200 Radio Signal Loss

rrojas
Level 1
Level 1

I have one 5.2 dbi omni connected to the Primary connector on an AP1200. The system software version is 12.2(15)XR1 and the Boot Loader version is 12.2(8)JA. The AP is configured for LEAP and is connected to a Cisco 3550 utilizing inline power. Every morning, the radio stops sending and receiving. I have to telnet into the AP, bring disable the radio and then enable it again. After I do this, the radio works and my two users are able to authenticate and connect to the network. This happens every day. I inspected the area for anything that might conflict with the frequency but could not find anything. I cleared the log and setup the correct date and time to log any errors. I am logging everything.

Can anyone offer a solution?

Thank you,

Rodolfo Rojas

3 Replies 3

dixho
Level 6
Level 6

What kind of radio module (i.e. 802.11a or 802.11g)? How long is the CAT5 cable between the CAT3550 to the AP? Is there a power injector between the AP and the CAT3550?

The radio module is 802.11b. The CAT5 cable length is 40 ft. There is no power injector between the AP and CAT3550.

Thank you.

Rodolfo Rojas

Hello,

verify that the loss doesn't increase since the problem is happen.I believe fact that you have another loss can contribute to stop link in radio side and in the nigth fading increase, and the Ap stay in this step after fading are reduce.

Check loss and observ.

Thank you stephane.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card