Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1231 multiple SSID & Vlan

gauthraj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I configured my AP1231 with 2 SSID wih a vlan assign to each one. The first one is in guest-mode without WEP the second one with WEP mode mandatory 40bits and no guest-mode.

I have no problem to connect to the guest-mode SSID but big problem for the other. Actually, I have to wait 5 minutes in order to be authenticated with the wep ssid..

My config file :

interface Dot11Radio0

no ip address

no ip route-cache

!

encryption vlan 101 key 1 size 40bit 7 0C194F1E6E2E transmit-key

encryption vlan 101 mode mandatory

!

ssid CRI

vlan 101

authentication open

!

ssid URCA

vlan 7

authentication open

guest-mode

!

When I'm authenticated there is no problem with connexion but wait for 5minutes is very too long !!

If soemone could help me..

Thanks

4 Replies 4

kwonza
Level 1
Level 1

Which type of authentication are you running? Association to the access point with the clients should be seemless,. as long as the keys are the same. Are you having a problem with association or authentication?

Actually, the trouble seems to come from the driver, because, I have it only with cisco client on a laptop where Airmagnet is installed.

So I have to desinstall airmagnet driver and there is no trouble any more.

I am running open authentication and wep40. I don't understand why association is so longer (and there is no error in the log on the AP)...

bloconnor
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have the trunks setup on the AP and switches?

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

I've seen this with multi-band NICS. For me, it turned out that the 3COM NIC always started out looking to connect on the 802.11a band, then eventually timed out and dropped to the 802.11g.

All of that took ~5 minutes or so.

With the Cisco NICs, under the "Advanced" tab in Profile Management, you can select the specific band you'd like to associate with.

I think Broadcom and maybe Linksys will also allow you to restrict the band-scan.

FWIW

Scott

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card