cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1231g connectivity problem

magnumpi83
Level 1
Level 1

When have approximately 30 AP1231G installed using authenication and some are having a problem with connectivity. The signal strength is usually excellent but the cloud in windows says "either little or no connectivity". They all have the same software version of version 12.3(2)JA. These APs are connected to a C3550-48 catalyst switches. Any help?

4 Replies 4

leonidas
Level 1
Level 1

I think we are facing a similar or even the same problem here. I have posted a new question, once I don't know if we are talking about the same issue.

- Which scheme are you using for users authentication? WEP, EAP-based, or nothing?

- Which Wireless NICs are you using? (Aironet or non-Aironet ones)

- Which operational systems run on users machines?

Rgds, Leonidas

- For authenication we are using WEP with a radius server

- For NIC I'm using the Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG network adapter

_ For the operational systems on users pc I know most are using Windows XP

I hope this helps...

WEP is an encryption, not authentication. Open, shared, and 802.1x are the choice of authenitcation. Of course, there are several 802.1x types, like LEAP, PEAP, EAP, and so on.

What is the firmware version of Intel 2200BG. Some customers in this forum complains that driver version 8.xx for Intel 2200B does not work well. Not sure how true it is. Do you have other brand/model wireless NIC?

Dixon,

I agree the problem may be the driver version. My concern about authentication scheme was about some instability issues I have faced in EAP-based wireless networks. I appreciate if you could help at the conversation named "PEAP VLAN With Great Instability"-Feb11), where we have been talking about this connection inconstancy.

Thanks in advance,

Leonidas

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card