Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1832 not Joining WLC-3504

Arshi Jamal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am deploying a new Wireless Network with AIR-CT3504-K9 and 15 x AIR-AP1832I-C-K9. APs are reaching WLC and visible under "AP Join" summary, but NOT joining the controller. The error is "radius authorization of the ap has failed". for all APs. The controller details are as below...

- WLC Software Version: 8.5.140.0

- No RADIUS Authorization is configured

- APs have been added in "AP Policy" with MAC and MIC (I think I have to remove this?)

Please help me to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Well a few things, make sure the time on the controller is correct, you have added license and the country code is also defined to match the access points. Now if you console into the ap, typically you will find your answer to why the aps are not joining. This can be what I mentioned above, aps not supporting the code, or if aps are in bridge mode, which then you need to add the AP’s Ethernet MAC address to the Mac filter list. You might of purchased the wrong sku or was sent the wrong product, but that is easily changed once the ap has joined and the ap mode is changed back to local. Keep in mind, the ap Ethernet MAC address can be found on the box, using cdp neighbor, or from the ap join stats, not from the logs. Also place the aps on the same subnet as the wlc to make the join process simple. Once joined, you can move them to any other vlan.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

Thank for sparing time and sharing your thoughts to resolve my issue.

Issue has been resolved by setting "Country Code" to US. Even though the APs are of "C" regulator domain. Also I removed APs from "AP Policy". After making these two changes, all APs have joined the controller and WLANs are working fine. Now I am working on RF Optimization of the network.

Anyways, I am grateful to your suggestion which really helped me.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card