Views
Helpful
Replies

AP28/9120 different about v01, v02, v03

Maurizio Caloro
Level 1
Level 1

Hello
I have asked myself a few times what the difference is between the 2802-I-E-K9 V01, V02, V03 ?

Also with the 9120AXI-E this would interest me especially with V05, V07?

Unfortunately I have found nothing, I think to this there is certainly also documentation about it, Would be very happy about possible info. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- There is little sense to know more because most of it is 'an inside job' ; at one point during the Covid period hardware changes where sometimes introduced to compensate for the lack of components (chips) , that can sometimes lead to the requirement for software upgrades (e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- These denote hardware revision level(s) ,  

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Maurizio Caloro
Level 1
Level 1

ok, but that's all we know??

>>These denote hardware revision level(s)

- There is little sense to know more because most of it is 'an inside job' ; at one point during the Covid period hardware changes where sometimes introduced to compensate for the lack of components (chips) , that can sometimes lead to the requirement for software upgrades (e.g.)

M.

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

As @marce1000 mentioned before, normally hardware revisions are confidential work and use to be directed to replace different hardware model components due, or maybe becuase the wireless chipset vendor (Qualcomm, Broadcom) changed something on their chips.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card