Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Apple IOS 8 Support on Cisco Wireless Controller Catalyst 3850

Greetings,

With the recent introduction of IOS 8 for Apple devices, those devices which has been upgraded can't seem to connect to the WLC 3850. Further checking on the release notes I found out that the latest IOS version 3.6E ONLY supports till IOS 7. Does anyone here know about this? Or would I still need a TAC case raised.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3850/software/release/3e/release_notes/OL3262101.html

Cheers!

Giri

4 Replies 4

I have 3850/5760 system running on IOS-XE 3.6 & we have iOS8.0 devices connecting to that without any problem. In my case WLAN is configured for 802.1X.

How is your WLAN configured ?

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Hi Rasika,

Yes client is using 802.1X. When users connect to the SSID, it directs to landing page and when authenticated they get blank page hence can't browse. If they close browser and access web page then it connects fine.

Additionally, if they connect to any open based SSID without authentication, it works fine.

regards,

Giri

Looks like you referring to WebAuth. If it is this is the default behavior from IOS-XE 3.6 onward. Once client authenticated, you have to open a separate webpage to browse.Refer below

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3850/software/release/3e/release_notes/OL3262101.html

Important Upgrade Note

After you upgrade to Cisco IOS XE Release 3.6E, the WebAuth success page behavior is different

from the behavior seen in Cisco IOS XE Release 3.3.X SE. After a successful authentication on the

WebAuth login page, the original requested URL opens in a pop-up window and not on the parent page.

Therefore, we recommend that you upgrade the Web Authentication bundle so that the bundle is in the

format that is used by the AireOS Wireless LAN Controllers.

Pls do not forget to rate our responses if you find them useful.

HTH

Rasika

But client is on version 03.02.03.SE

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card