cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Apple IOS Devices cannot connect to autonomous Cisco AP

hhakimi
Level 1
Level 1

I think it is now comman Apple devicess disconnecting or need re atutication with WLC. If you have any new update. please let us know, thanks. 

14 Replies 14

What AP model is it & what software version you running ?

Pls share your AP configs to see how you configure it.

HTH

Rasika

Hi, we have total 50 APs control by controller 2504 with software version of 8.3.102.0  and using 3 type of AP AIR-CAP3602I-E-K9 / 802.11bg:-E 802.11a:-E, AIR-CAP2702I-E-K9 / 802.11bg:-E 802.11a:-E and AIR-CAP1702I-E-K9 / 802.11bg:-E 802.11a:-E. if you want the config file of WLC please send me your personal email. Thanks. 

Regards 

Hakimi

"Hi, we have total 50 APs control by controller 2504 with software version of 8.3.102.0"

I would upgrade WLC software version to 8.5.140.0 first. Then will troubleshoot if problem persist. Current code you are running is not recommended version & could have software defects/bugs

Here is the release notes of 8.5.140.0

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn85mr4.html

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Hi Rasika, one I upgraded to 8.5 we had same problem even more than I downgraded back to 8.3.

Hi Rasika, one I upgraded to 8.5 we had same problem even more than I downgraded back to 8.3.

Hi, every one in Cisco any update please, I think there is no any slotion and it is puting us on troble now.

Hi @hhakimi

as Rasika asked you please share your config, remember we’re a community no Cisco’s workers if you share your file more people will be able to check it and give u some advices, otherwise, you’re limiting help.

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

Dear Daniel and Rasika,

Attached is config file, I removed some IP address, MAC address and encryption keys for security perposess. Waiting for your kind reply, thanks.

Hi @hhakimi

Do you have issues only with APs on autonomus mode? Or the APs joined to WLC as the same issue?
Please if we´re talking about WLC share the output of the command " show run-confg no-ap" If were talking about autonomus AP share the complete output of "show running config"

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"

Hi, Daniel, All AP all joined with WLC no autonomous AP. attached is config file. Thanks for support.

Hi @hhakimi

Please disable "CCX - AironetIe Support.......................... Enabled"

Check and please let us know.

Thanks Daniel, to diable CCX first WLAN need to be disable. so I can not disable it now. I will do it in coming days and will contact you again, Thanks again for all support.

(Cisco Controller) >config wlan ccx aironetIeSupport disable 2

Request failed - WLAN in the enabled state.

HI Hakimi,

what encryption you are using to authenticate the Apple Devices. (PSK etc)

Rgds/Sudhir

Hi,

It is layer 3 security Web policy authentication with Active directory. thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card