cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Application Crash Issues 802.11a/b/g Cardbus Adapter

jshank
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Aironet 1200 unit with the upgrade radio for 802.11a/b/g. When using 802.11a/b/g PCMCIA cardbus adapters, including the Cisco CB21AG, we experience problems with applications software crashing at random. Examples of software are Microsoft Office 2000, Lotus Notes Client R5.12, SAP GUI Client, and EZ Audit. These crashes have occured on systems running Windows 2000 & XP Professional. Common factor on the application crashes are software that is touching something over the LAN on a server. Servers are running Windows 2000 & Windows 2003.

Anyone else seeing a problem like this? Any solutions?

Thanks and regards,

John A. Shank

1 Reply 1

jcosgrove
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen what you are talking about. There are some problems with the scanning of the CB21AG card. There is supposed to be some improvements to the scanning of this card that will be released in 2 phases. The 1st phase should be released in the next few days. The 2nd phase may take a few more weeks. I have been working with TAC on this problem. What happens is I may have a client associated for a while and then it just may drop off the network for up to 2 to 3 mins while it is doing a background scan. Eventually it comes back and the application comes back up. Many times the users loose data in the process. I am hopeful the coming release may have some hope for this situation.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card