cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APs lose connection and WLC 5500 series

Menezor
Level 1
Level 1

All the APs lose connection from WLC 5500 and I dont know why and the config is good???

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check controller logs when that happens , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

No saved log is found except the current log records

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CoolStory-01.jpg

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Seriously @Menezor your post is rather lacking in detail!

What models of APs?
What version of software?
Did something happen that triggered this? (eg WLC reloaded, APs lost connectivity to WLC etc)
What do the AP console logs show?
What do the WLC logs show?
What method are you using for your APs to discover the WLC? (same LAN, helper address, DNS, DHCP option 43)

And meanwhile take a look at the field notice for certificates below.  If it's that then you need to follow ALL the steps in the field notice to resolve the issue permanently. I'll summarise as I have done many times before in this community which you would have found if you had searched:

1. Upgrade to the latest version which supports your APs and WLC - probably 8.5.182.0
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/wireless-lan-controller-software/200046-tac-recommended-aireos.html#anc10
2. Apply the config workaround on the WLC
3. Disable WLC NTP and set time manually to before your certs expired
4. Allow all the APs to join, download new code, pick up the config workaround
5 Re-enable NTP
Note that it could be AP and/or WLC certs which have expired.

Hello Rich.

What models of APs? the APs are AP1130AG model

What version of software? The WLC 5508 software model is 7.0.220.0 Release 

Did something happen that triggered this? Power fluctuations and ISP downtime for some weeks were the recent happenings 

What do the WLC logs show? Just the current logs are showing no old logs 

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/639/fn63942.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card