Views
Helpful
Replies

Archive Command Question

Patrick McHenry
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I've been configuring the archive command on all the switches and routers in the enviroment. I really like this way of saving configs. As soon as I write mem, it is saved right to a file. Is there a way to configure it on the controllers? I tried: "archive" and it just says unrecognized.

Thanks, Pat.

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On the WLC, the command is save config, and is saved as a XML file by default.  Granted you can't see this directly in the AireOS, you have to do an upload of the config to get it.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks for the response. I know that the save command is different on the WLC and I can up load a config by going to command then upload, put in all the info and the upload it but, that being said, is there a way to configure the switch to automatically copy a config to a tftp server after I issue the save config command? Or, when I am in the GUI and click the save configuration?

Thanks, Pat.

not to my knowledge.  About the best I can think of would be either a shell or expect script to issue the commands and then upload to a server.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card