Views
Helpful
Replies

ASK THE EXPERTS : Wireless Teleworking Solutions with Bruce Tiff

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Read the biowith Bruce Tiff

Welcome to the Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to learn about the Cisco OfficeExtend 600 Series Solution that comprises the Cisco Aironet® 600 Series OfficeExtend Access Points, Cisco wireless controllers and the Cisco Wireless Control System with Cisco expert Bruce Tiff. Bruce Tiff is a Product Marketing Manager for the Wireless Networking Business Unit (WNBU) at Cisco, where he is responsible for developing and marketing Enterprise Indoor & Teleworking Access Points (AP). Bruce joined Cisco in 2008 in the Broadband Wireless Business Unit (BWBU) where he served as the Product Manager for the WiMAX Broadband Wireless Access CPE product line.

Remember to use the rating system to let Bruce know if you have received an adequate response.

Bruce might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the shortly after the event. This event lasts through July 1st, 2011. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

16 Replies 16

engineer467
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Bruce

Good day to you.

I have an issue regarding aironet 2600 series access point.

I wanted to know how much area does a 2600 series AP cover,if i am deploying it in a closed hall of an area approx. 8000 sq.m, also the minimum number of APs required to cover the hall, and how do you calculate it.

That hall has no pillars or any shadow area that could cause any interference.

Many thanks in advance.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/apdeploy/2600_2600_3600_DG.pdf

Hi Abhishek,

That is a very good question.  Please check out the General Guidlines section of the AP-2600 Deployment guide (URL provided above) as it will provide valuable information related to your question. 

-Bruce

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card