Views
Helpful
Replies

Assign the SSID to Interface

s.abubasheer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mates,

Please I need help to finish work with my BR1310, still can't assign new ssid ATHEER1 to interface dot11radio 0.1, I have ssid ATHEER assigned to interface dot11radio 0, but can't do it with ssid ATHEER1 see below:

bridge#configure terminal

Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.

bridge(config)#dot11 ssid ATHEER1

bridge(config-ssid)#vlan 2

bridge(config-ssid)#exit

bridge(config)#interface dot11radio 0.1

bridge(config-subif)#ssid ATHEER1

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

bridge(config-subif)#interface dot11radio 0.1

bridge(config-subif)#ssid ATHEER1

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

bridge(config-subif)#

please show me how to do that .

Regards

Saher

2 Replies 2

s.abubasheer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please I realy need help here, or maybe I didn't explain well about this problem !

Hi,

I read in Cisco IOS Software Configuration Guide

for Cisco Aironet 1300 Series Outdoor, Cisco IOS Release 12.3(7)JA (which is my br1310 SW version), that (configuration of SSID parameters at the interface level will be totally disabled in releases after Cisco IOS Release 12.3(4)JA.

Cisco IOS Release 12.3(7)JA supports configuration of SSID parameters at the interface level on the

CLI, but the SSIDs are stored in global mode.)

Also I read next note:

Note: SSIDs, VLANs, and encryption schemes are mapped together on a one-to-one-to-one basis; one SSID

can be mapped to one VLAN, and one VLAN can be mapped to one encryption scheme. When using a

global SSID configuration, you cannot configure one SSID with two different encryption schemes. For

example, you cannot apply SSID north with TKIP on interface dot11 0 and also apply SSID north with

WEP128 on interface dot11 1.

so any solution without downgrade firmware ?

Regards

Saher

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card