Views
Helpful
Replies

Associations problems

muca
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have four 350 AP´s. I was doing some configuration in AP1 and for that reason some clients associated with AP2. Since that, the clients only associate with AP2. I have already turned the config back but it didn´t work.

All clients are turned off at night.

Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

Clients generally roam to a new AP only when the old AP signal power is poor or when the old AP is not available. So in your case since you have got the 2nd AP in the same coverage area the clients will remain connected to the second AP as long as the signal and coverage provided by the AP is good for the clients to communicate. Hope this clarifies.

tcggg0
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried powering AP2 off so that the clients reconnect to AP1? If they do not connect, you may have a different issue with AP1.

No, I have not, once all clients are turned off at night.

I have already check the leds and seems that AP is working.

I also increase the transmit power but the clients still not associate.

Is there anything that may force the clients to associate to AP2 besides signal strength, ssid and mac authentication, that is basically what is configured in the AP's

You could check if diversity is turned on for AP 1 if using dual antenna. There could be some type of interference by AP 1 also.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card