cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AVC and google hangouts

codflanglers
Level 1
Level 1

Hopefully a nice simple question but in AVC what applications do I need to add to my AVC profile to give priority to Google Hangouts?

I had hoped it would be nice and simple like Google Hangouts but apparently not. I'm running 7.6.120 software with AVC engine 13.

5 Replies 5

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Please go through the below link for you query.

http://mrncciew.com/2014/01/07/avc-protocol-pack-update/

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/7-5/AVC_dg7point5.html

Keep in mind upstream and downstream are different. 

Upstream am if the client doesn't mark avc will mark the traffic on the wlc then place on wired. That said it has no qos over the air or on the way to the wlc. 

Downstream am the wlc will mark, so long as qos is configured properly it should be dropped into the propert queue at the ap and take advantage of the smaller cW.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

gohussai
Level 4
Level 4

Simply You have to define AVC profile for hangout if its not in controller and then bind the Qos profile with that using AVC feature on WLC.

Check the following link for configuration of AVC profiles and how to apply Qos .

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/5500-series-wireless-controllers/115756-avc-guide-00.html

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The administrator is also flexible while configuring Action as MARK to choose the Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) value as Custom instead of selecting “Platinum/Gold/Silver/Bronze”. Once Custom is selected as DSCP value, a text filed will be visible where admin can enter a custom DSCP value in range of 0 - 63.

The Next step will be to apply these AVC profiles on the WLAN. Only one AVC profile can be mapped to a single WLAN. A single AVC profile can be mapped to multiple WLANs. Once an AVC profile is mapped to a WLAN and if it has a rule for MARK action, that application will get precedence as per QoS profile configured in AVC rule interacting with the QOS profile configured on the WLAN. All the AVC profiles created will be visible under AVC Profile drop-down in WLAN under QOS TAB. To see the AVC profile in the drop-down on WLAN, navigate to WLANs > WLAN ID and then click QOS tab. All the AVC profiles created are visible under the AVC Profile drop-down. The administrator can select the AVC profile on the WLAN as per network requirement.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I'm running 7.6.120 software with AVC engine 13.

What version is the AVC Protocol Pack you are running.  If you want to "mark" Hangouts make sure you use "GTalk".  Read THIS.  

If you can't find "GTalk" in the list then you may need to upgrade the AVC Protocol Pack.  The latest one is version 12.0.0.0.  

The latest AVC protocol pack for WLC firmware 7.6.X is either 6.3.0 or 6.4.0.  

Consider working with WLC firmware version 8.0 (or later) because this version also allows for dynamic upgrade of MAC address OUI.  Very helpful!  :)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card