Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AVC on vWLC

Hello! I have vWLC version 8.3.102.0. I read that in older version 8.1? AVC no support on vWLC. But  with version 8.1 it begin support. I configure AP WLAN with central switching and in tab QoS Flex AVC Profile has become inactive. In tab Monitor-Client no tab AVC. Question, how configure AVC on vWLC? And one more question, Does vWLC support Netflow?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

The vWLC only supports "Flex AVC" which has quite some limitations in comparison with regular AVC. One requirement for Flex AVC to work is that local switching is being used, if you use central switching you automatically "fall back" to regular AVC which is not supported on the vWLC.

You cannot use the vWLC as Netflow exporter. More information regarding the features in AirOS 8.3 and how to configure them can be found in this document.

Please rate useful posts... :-)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

The vWLC only supports "Flex AVC" which has quite some limitations in comparison with regular AVC. One requirement for Flex AVC to work is that local switching is being used, if you use central switching you automatically "fall back" to regular AVC which is not supported on the vWLC.

You cannot use the vWLC as Netflow exporter. More information regarding the features in AirOS 8.3 and how to configure them can be found in this document.

Please rate useful posts... :-)

Thanks you really help me. 

Nice, but still not supported in Cisco Prime Infrastructure with vWLC. :(

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card