Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

bandwith and data rates forecast

Hello,

Our Marketing is planing an event in our conference area. They want to download content with about 50 Mbyte for about 150 to 200 persons with iPads.
They asked, if it is possible to download the content neary simultaneously from all clients. But we don't have experience with so much clients in the conference area.
Under normal condition my iPad is connected with m7 data rate and the download lasts about 2 minutes, so far so good.

The confernece area is aboute 350 square meters an we have installed in this area 4 x 2602 with a/n and b/g/n.
I assume that most of them use newer iPads which use the 5 GHz band.

My question is, what happens with the data rate per client if I asume that the clients will be distributed equaly to all access point.
How can I make a rough-cut forecast if there is enough bandwith for the clients?

Regards,
Robert

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is cut in half for every client on a given access point.  Also remember that co-channel interference from adjacent channels have an affect also, meaning the bandwidth is shared on a channel.  Your throughput is also affected by how many clients on a given AP since your AP will have a gigabit Ethernet connection.  Never assume that the ipads will want to all connect on the 5ghz or that they are all new and support the 5ghz. 

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card