- After deleting the Client wireless profile, checked the connection
- Controller → General → Checked Global IPv6 Config disable
- Controller → Advanced → Checked DHCP proxy enable

What more should I check??

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What is the controller model and software version ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

CT5508-K9 / 8.2.130

The dhcp server is the backbone switch.

It seems that the client did not receive the ipv4 ip, so only the ipv6 local address of the client was displayed.

The bottom line is that ipv6 is not the problem and the problem is that ipv4 is not received from the dhcp server.

After a few hours the dhcp problem was resolved.

I checked a lot of things as written in the text, but I still don't know why dhcp is suddenly available.

>... but I still don't know why dhcp is suddenly available.
   Anyways I would advise to run the last code supported on the 5508 https://software.cisco.com/download/home/282600534/type/280926587/release/8.5.182.0 , the particular model is getting old and 8.2.x too https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/wireless-lan-controller-software/200046-tac-recommended-aireos.html , you can also have a checkup of the controller configuration with 
                      1. Type "config paging disable" in priviledged mode to set your terminal to display without any breaks.
                      2. Type "show run-config" to display the config.

Have the output analyzed by : https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessAnalyzer/

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

No not 8.5.182.0 @marce1000 !!!!  That will leave IOS APs in endless download loop!

Use 8.5.182.7 as per links and field notice below.

There's simply not enough information here to know why your DHCP stopped working @JustTakeTheFirstStep Could be:
- DHCP pool full (did you check?)
- "ip dhcp conflict logging" configured causing DHCP to block out large amounts of your pool (did you check?)
- Problem on your core switch
- Problem on WLC
- Problem on AP

You'd have to have started with a packet capture on the core switch to:
1. confirm you were receiving the DHCP from clients
2. confirm you were replying to the clients with IP addresses
At least then you would narrow down the problem domain and start focussing in the right place whereas right now you have no idea where the problem was.

@Rich R   >...No not 8.5.182.0 @marce1000 !!!!  That will leave IOS APs in endless download loop!
                    Use 8.5.182.7 as per links and field notice below.

Regrettably then that  8.5.182.0  is still show as default advisory download for the 5508 platform  , neither does it show 8.5.182.7  anywhere...

M.

@marce1000 https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/wireless-lan-controller-software/200046-tac-recommended-aireos.html#anc6

AireOS 8.5

AireOS 8.5 is End of Life; Cisco will release no more fixes for it.  See the Product Bulletin.  It's the last train for the following platforms: AP1600, AP2600, AP3500, AP3600, AP1552 (128MB version), AP802, WLC2504, WLC5508, WLC7510, WLC8510, WiSM2.  AireOS 8.5 has two branches:

8.5 Mainline

The 8.5 Mainline branch supports 5508/8510/5520/8540/3504/2504/7510/WiSM2/vWLC controllers.  It supports intercontroller mobility (IRCM) between AireOS and old "New Mobility" ("Converged Access") controllers (5760/3850/3650.)  It does not support IRCM with 9800 controllers.  For 8.5 Mainline deployments, TAC recommends 8.5.182.7 (hidden post). <-------- Recommended here

• Note: Access points with 17.6.1 or above loaded will be unable to join any controller running any AireOS released prior to July 2021.  For 8.5 Mainline, this is fixed in 8.5.182.0 and above.  For more details, see CSCvx98176 .
  • Note: However, TAC does not recommend running 8.5.182.0 in production, due to: <--- Warning here
  • The above issues are fixed in 8.5.182.7.<-------- Recommended here
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card