Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadcast in a Flexconnect group

Rami Al Helou
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I need to know if I can somehow enable broadcast traffic just on a flexconnect AP/ group.

the scenario:

In a specific area of the environment, I have some Flexconnect APs. they are in the same flexconnect group and every thing is working fine.

On the other hand I have a connected smartphone , with an application to collect information from other devices in the same area (all devices are connected to the same SSID and the same flexconnect access points group).

The application in this case will send a request to collect the needed information, this request is UDP broadcast (255.255.255.255).

The packet capture show that the smartphone is sending the broadcast without any replay. the only workinig case was when I enabled the option "Broadcast forwarding" which is not a proper solution for us.

can I enable broadcast just on the flexconnect group ?

thanks a lot for your help

2 Replies 2

Polo Yisus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rami,

I found this command on the WLC>

config flexconnect group "groupname" multicast overridden-interface enable

That command sets Multicast/Broadcast across L2 Broadcast Domain on Overridden interface for locally switched clients

Hi Polo,

thanks a lot for your support,

I already tried this command but the broadcast traffic were still not forwarded to the clients

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card