Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadcast ssid on WLC for many ssid

dsuhas321
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking to broadcast only 13 ssid on the controller but another 2 not broadcasting. can we do this? it wil be totally 15 ssids providing service to clients over multiple vendors.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

By default the Cisco AP supports 16 SSIDs.. if you want 15 SSID in the network werving clients then its possible with any issues.. if the SSID is not broadcasted then make sure the clients are entering the credentials correctly and create a manual profile on the laptop or something.. that will work.

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

By default the Cisco AP supports 16 SSIDs.. if you want 15 SSID in the network werving clients then its possible with any issues.. if the SSID is not broadcasted then make sure the clients are entering the credentials correctly and create a manual profile on the laptop or something.. that will work.

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would be VERY carful using that many SSIDs. Your channel utilzation will be very high with no traffic. You will need to make sure you disble 1,2,and 5.5 ... Otherwise i bet you see 50+% CU just in beacons. I know, cause I seen this many times and it causes issues ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin