Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadcast SSID Problem

midgar31
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem when i define the primary SSID. Im my campus i use EAP for two vlans and Open for other vlan, when i define the SSID for the vlans the clients wait a long time for the association. but when i define the primary SSID for the any of the two SSID using EAP this works well but the Open vlan dont associate the clients. if i define all the vlans with eap or open all works well. this happen when i upgrade to the last version of ios software, with anterior version the first configurations works well. i trying no define any primary ssid but in this mode dont work

2 Replies 2

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

Is it operating in guest mode? If so, only one SSID can be enable in guest mode which basically allows clients to associate to the Access Points without a SSID.

robertcrabbe
Level 1
Level 1

I think your problem is that Windows XP will always associate with the broadcast SSID.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811427

I am using PEAP with TKIP and WPA and dynamic VLAN assignment with a RADIUS server, I can only use the XP client, and I need to somehow provide open guest access. Given the limitations of XP, I am running into problems being able to provide all of the above.

I would be interested in knowing if others have encountered the same issue and whether they have found a solution.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card