cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadcast SSID w/ VLANS

scjslcc
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question about setting up VLANS on the AP's. I've configured a user VLAN on an AP w/ 12.02t1 code. I've also tied a new SSID to the VLAN. I'm trying to migrate users from our old configuration where broadcast SSID was available to a new configuration where they would have to know the SSID for the VLAN that they are able to join.

I can't find the setting to enable this under the SSID or the VLAN configuration. The only thing I can find is on the global hardware page to allow or disallow broadcast SSID.

I'd like the AP to be setup so it would support both user groups - the old ones who use the broadcast SSID and the new ones who have their machines configured with a static SSID. Is this possible?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

I think the migration will be possible and you can maintain the older ssid configuration as such. See this document:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/accsspts/ap350scg/ap350ch4.htm#1039750

Thank you for the link. I found a similar document last week that explained the difference b/w the primary and secondary SSID's. Only one SSID can be broadcast in the beacon frame so I can setup that SSID as the primary and include the new SSID's as secondaries.

Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card