Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9115AXI-A managing multiple vlans on same WLAN

I do have C9115AXI-A APs working one of them as embeded controller mode, I need to manage multiple VLAN on the same WLAN, we are using 802.1x validation with Raius server. Presently the WLAN is delibvering only one VLAN (the one assigned to the controller network) even when the radius server assigns different one to every user.

Thanks for helping us.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is not something that someone can just provide all the steps.  I think the first thing to do is look at the configuration guide for you firmware.  I will update this with other links for you to review.  You are using Cisco ISE for radius? If not, then you would need to reach out the the forum for your radius server.

Cisco Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst Access Points - Configuration Guides - Cisco

You might have to reference the guide for the version of code you are using:

Cisco Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst Access Points Configuration Guide, IOS XE Amsterdam 17.3.x - VLAN Groups [Cisco Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst Access Points] - Cisco

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you followed the guides and if so, can you post what guide you have referenced?  The guide should go over the AAA override and also how to define your vlan's on the access points.  With Cisco ISE, you just have to specify the vlan id, its a bit different for other radius servers and you would have to research that on your own or ask the question on their community forum.  

-Scott

Thank you very much Scott for your swift answer, is it posible for you to provide me with a link to the guides?, I'm pretty new surfing on this Cisco pages. Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!!

This is not something that someone can just provide all the steps.  I think the first thing to do is look at the configuration guide for you firmware.  I will update this with other links for you to review.  You are using Cisco ISE for radius? If not, then you would need to reach out the the forum for your radius server.

Cisco Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst Access Points - Configuration Guides - Cisco

You might have to reference the guide for the version of code you are using:

Cisco Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst Access Points Configuration Guide, IOS XE Amsterdam 17.3.x - VLAN Groups [Cisco Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst Access Points] - Cisco

-Scott

Thank you very much Scott. No, I'm not using ISE.

Very helpful.

Cheers!!!

So that means to override a vlan, your radius server has to send the correct attribute.  You would need to research that or ask in their community forum.

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card