cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9115AXI-E Unable to see SSID

Teilo2022
Level 1
Level 1

I have purchased several C9115AXI-E, connected first one to the network and expect to see the AP Provisioning SSID. I cannot see the SSID on any devices. Looking on DHCP server I can see the AP has been assigned a lease and can ping this IP address. Unsure of next steps to troubleshoot;  any suggestions.

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure we understand this correctly.

You installed AP, which register with WLC ? or you expect AP act as controller ?

If you Looking AP as Controller, then you need convert AP to EWC

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Teilo2022
Level 1
Level 1

Yes I want to convert the first AP to EWC then add the rest

Thanks - I hadn't seen this document before - but it does suggest that I should be able to see the Provisioning SSID which I don't

Make sure you follow the guide and convert the ap.  The ap needs to be EWC before you would be able to see the SSID.  You can tell by the output on the console or commands to check if the ap is EWC or not.  Also search the forum on EWC conversion or unable to see provisioning SSID.  There are times I have tested the conversion and the SSID did not appear.  

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I have been following the instructions to convert from ap to EWC but I cannot successfully send the image to the access point over TFTP:

ap-type ewc-ap tftp://192.168.1.25/ap1g7 tftp://192.168.1.25/C9800-AP-iosxe-wlc.bin

Getting Error [28] 

is the TFTP Server reachable ?

post full output when you issue command

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card