Views
Helpful
Replies

C9800 Physical Hardware

tppatrick1
Level 1
Level 1

Good day, all,

I have a C9800 physical hardware - Is it normal for one of the LED lights to be RED? I have attached a photo. The LED has an alarm symbol. I have configured the WLC but after setting the console password, I am unable to login using the configured console password. Even with the configured local username and password, the console does not take it.

I have attached the photo of the LED and the current WLC config.

24 Replies 24

On our 9800-80s, if any of the physical network interfaces are administratively up and operationally down, the light will be red. The alarms you posted seem to indicate this. Shutdown/disable any unused uplink ports and the alarm light should turn green if there aren’t other issues. In this case, it looks like you’re not using any of them yet, so you’ll have to shutdown/disable them all.

@eglinsky2012 

Thank you. I understand what about the console password; why does it reject the configured password? any idea?

>... why does it reject the configured password? any idea?
   - Depends , start by examining the controller logs after a console authentication is tried. Sometimes AAA setups are not correctly setup for the local console line , expecting a local authentication to be available (first).
                  It's always useful to have an overall checkup of the controller configuration with the CLI command
                  show tech wireless and feed the output from that into Wireless Config Analyzer

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

@marce1000 

Below is what I have under the AAA

aaa new-model
aaa local authentication AD_AUTH authorization AD_AUTH

- Ok , as stated check controller logs , just after an authentication attempt is done through the console
   - Post the running config of the console line
   - Execute the WirelessAnalyzer procedure as I explained in my previous reply , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

@marce1000 

thank you, let me try that and advise

@marce1000 

Thank you very much. It is working now. I can now access the WLC via the console. I reset the WLC "write erase", and after that, everything worked perfectly well. I plugged all the ports on a switch and the red led disappeared

@eglinsky2012 

Thank you very much -  you were right much appreciated.

- Probably but test the or one interface anyway , and check how that
influences the alarm led status,

M.

@marce1000 

Sure, I will do so and confirm. Thank you

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card