cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can LEAP authentication be used with any wireless client card?

t_petrop
Level 1
Level 1

I use LEAP authentication on wireless clients to authenticate to ACS 4.1 Radius Server.When I use Cisco wireless card (350 series) with ACU on PC the authentication works fine. I want also other wireless clients (laptops with onboard wireless card) to authenticate

(using username/password authenticated by ACS) without having ACU software installed.

Is this possible, I searched many documents on cisco.com but didn't find anything relevant.

Your answers will be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

LEAP would require that the NIC uses "Cisco Extensions" .... sometimes abbreviated CCX (Cisco Certified eXtension, I believe).

Some NICs do not, Microsoft Zero Wireless Config does not (you'd need to use the utility software as well as the driver software from the NIC's manufacturer ... if the manufacturer supports CCX.

I believe Intel and some other chipset-802.11 providers support CCX, but you'll need to use their software suite (like ACU / ADU)

Good Luck

Scott

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

LEAP would require that the NIC uses "Cisco Extensions" .... sometimes abbreviated CCX (Cisco Certified eXtension, I believe).

Some NICs do not, Microsoft Zero Wireless Config does not (you'd need to use the utility software as well as the driver software from the NIC's manufacturer ... if the manufacturer supports CCX.

I believe Intel and some other chipset-802.11 providers support CCX, but you'll need to use their software suite (like ACU / ADU)

Good Luck

Scott

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card