cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't get a 802.11ax client connecting with 2 special streams!

tlarsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a client supporting 802.11ax (Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200). In the specs it supports 2 special streams.

But I can't connect it with more than 1!

The test setup is a C9800-CL WLC with a 9120 AP connected. The only place I can find something you can change is the Configuration > Radio Configurations > High Throughput. And there all MCS SS is enabled. Also if I connect the client with 802.11ac it's connecting with ss2. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

I discovered this is a cosmetic bug in IOX-XE (CSCvx54426 ) and it should be fixed in short.

HTH
-Jesus
*** Please rate helpful responses ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

tlarsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi again,

I found that this could be a 17.3.3 bug. Because the Current TxRateSet (m9 ss1) is not showing the right value!

When I have a client connected with Current TxRateSet m9 ss1 I can see that the AP is using channel width on 80MHz.

And the Client is showing that it runs MCS rate on download speed at 721Mbps and upload speed on 1081Mbps. And if we compare that with the MCS table looks like it's running 2 special streams. So what ever the WLC is showing in the client information, the client is having the expected speed, not only tha MCS rate but also when testing it with iperf:)

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may find these bug reports informative although I think they do not immediately pin-point your issue : 

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvt87904

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvz06097

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

I discovered this is a cosmetic bug in IOX-XE (CSCvx54426 ) and it should be fixed in short.

HTH
-Jesus
*** Please rate helpful responses ***

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card