cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can't reset cisco aironet 1815i

Stevencisco
Level 1
Level 1

Sinds yesterday I have a cisco aironet 1815i. I did start configuring with the cisco mobility express for phones. After I made a configuration I would change it. Only I can't change any configuration. So, I decided to factory reset the AP. Only if I try to reset the AP it will give me blinking orange and green lights and it doesn't go back to his default. 

My question is:
How can I edit my current configuration of the AP without using the console port?factory rese

OR

How can I factory reset my AP?

4 Replies 4

Hi

Here you can find all the information you need to factory reset:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/1815/quick/guide/ap1815igetstart.html 

"

To use the mode button, press, and keep pressed, the mode button on the access point during the boot cycle. Wait until the status LED changes to Amber. During this, the AP console shows a seconds counter, counting the number of seconds the mode button is pressed. Then:

• To reset the AP to the default factory-shipped configuration, keep the mode button pressed for less than 20 seconds. The AP configuration files are cleared.

This resets all configuration settings to factory defaults, including passwords, encryption keys, the IP address, and the SSID. However, the regulatory domain provisioning is not reset.

• To clear the AP internal storage, including all configuration files and the regulatory domain configuration, keep the mode button pressed for more than 20 seconds, but less than 60 seconds.

The AP status LED changes from Amber to Red, and all the files in the AP storage directory are cleared."

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

led does not change in amber to red, but instead it does amber to green. Any solution for this?

I'm wondering if you don't have a capwap AP instead a mobibility express AP.  Without a console cable, it will be dificult to solve this.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Maurice_
Level 1
Level 1

Did you eventually solve this? I'm having the same issue with an 1815i with Mobility Express 8.10.183.0. The mode button does nothing. I press it and keep it pressed, then plug in the PoE cable and wait. The LED doesn't change to solid amber or solid red, it just does the usual blink pattern and the AP boots normally without resetting anything. Tried this like 10 times.

The button does what it's supposed to do on an 1852e with the same Mobility Express version.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card