Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you change the RMI-IP on a Cisco Catalyst 9800-40

Hi,

I have two Cisco 9800-40 Physical WLCs on version 17.9.4 called WLC-1 and WLC-2.

I have configured WLC-1 as the master.

When configuring redundancy, I configured one the RMI-IP addresses incorrectly. I saved the config and reloaded. Now I don't have a HA-Pair due to this wrong IP.

I have tried to edit it but it is greyed out. On the command-line, I have also tried unsuccessfully.

redun-management interface vlan 10 chassis 1 address 10.10.10.12 chassis 2 address 10.10.10.13

!!! modification not allowed, finish the unconfig

Chassis 1 address is current 10.10.10.11 which is the WLC-2's IP address. I need this changed to 10.10.10.12.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Anthony.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The only way to change is to go back.  That means you would need to break HA and then change what you need to change and then establish SSO again.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The only way to change is to go back.  That means you would need to break HA and then change what you need to change and then establish SSO again.

-Scott

Thanks Scot, just did this and now have a HA-Pair.

It's been a long day :-). Thanks for your quick response.

No worries... if this is a new setup, you better just practice and get familiar with breaking SSO just in case you have to do that in the future.  Best time to document your process also.

-Scott

>...Thanks Scot, just did this and now have a HA-Pair.
 - Good work , you can also verify RMI-IP reachability with (CLI)  : test wireless redundancy rping

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card