Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot access WLC 5508 via GUI (https) - ERR_SSL OR CIPHER_MISMATCH

Hi All,

When I am accessing WLC 5508 via GUI (HTTPS), I am getting ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH. Further, the error  details say "Unsupported protocol - The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite."

The SSL error is observed only in Chrome and MS Edge only. However, I can access the same link in Firefox.

Can someone please share why such an error and how to fix the error?

Thank You

Shiv

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Probably because the 5508 used too old and or weak ciphers, what is it's software version ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello, in my case the issue is in Mobility Express version 8.4 on Aironet 1832i

Regards

Hi Marce1000,

Cisco WLC 5508 uses soft version 8.0.121.0. Thank you.

frans.smit1
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find a solution to this issue?

No, in my case I think I will have to update the Aironet from version 8.4 to version 8.10.151, I really don't know if I have to follow any update path or if I can update directly to the new version

No, not yet. I believe WLC 5508 needs a software upgrade and it should resolve the issue. Any thoughts?

-  Indeed , consider upgrading to : https://software.cisco.com/download/home/282600534/type/280926587/release/8.5.171.0

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Ok, thank you for your input. Let me upgrade and see if that resolves.

Hi shiv,

Did update solve your issue?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card