cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot get into ROMMON

terry.davis5
Level 1
Level 1

I have an 1231 AP that the incorrect image was loaded on. This AP had a lightweight image loaded instead of a normal IOS image and as such the device was not prepared for lightweight mode and constantly reboots since not all of the appropriate files and settings are present. I would like to reload the correct image but I cannot get into ROMMON mode. I tried powering down the unit and holding down the mode switch until you an amber light when reapplying power and also tried it until a red mode light comes on. Neither will boot the device to ROMMON mode. I have also tried to hit the ESC key when the flash image starts to load but nothing puts it into ROMMON. Are there any other steps that I can use to get it into ROMMON?

Thanks

Terry                  

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try to hold the reset for 10 seconds then release.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't need to get into ROMMON to get this back to IOS.  You just need to do the mode button recovery.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html#wp160918

Just make sure you use the correct IOS version for your AP.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

terry.davis5
Level 1
Level 1

Steve,

That procedure got me back to a normal IOS. I had seen that procedure but for some reason I thought it did not apply to my situation.

Thank you very much

Terry

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card