cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAPWAP Mesh AP (MAP) Losing BGN on Reboot

Ryan Curry
Level 1
Level 1

Working on getting an ethernet bridge configured and all is good, but after doing some testing I've found that if my MAP loses power, it will not connect back to the RAP and can't find the WLC.  From my understanding, even though these are LWAPP APs, they should still save the BGN somewhere on the AP in a file.  In my test scenario, I have the AP connected to a switch that is not connected back to the network the WLC or RAP is on (this way I can replicate my intended design).

I'm just looking for some insight from someone who's "been there" with this issue.  I doubt my remote site will have a power outage, but I need to be prepared.

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What equipment do you have and what code. I run indoor mesh and notice the same thing, but it's code dependent for some reason.  Never seen that issue in any outdoor mesh deployments I have had. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the reply Scott.  Right now I'm testing on a 2504 running 7.6.130.0 using 1532i APs for the bridge.  Eventually these will be configured on a 5508 running that same code version.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card