Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9120 trust-dscp-upstream with Catalyst 9800

Chris Donkelaar
Level 1
Level 1

Goodday,

For a customer with Windows 10 Laptops and the well known mismatch in dscp mapping to user priority, I'm trying to let the AP trust the application DSCP value as input for the capwap dscp value. The qos-map trust-dscp-upstream needs to be configured on the ap join profile via CLI since there is no option for it on the GUI. But after configuring it, nothing happens. On all the wireless captures I took before it enters the AP and all the packet captures on the mirror port of the AP port, it doesn't translate it correctly. It always took the UP value of the wireless frame as input for it's capwap dscp value. Even after factory resetting the AP, downgrading the 9800 from 17.1 to 16.12.2s, it didn't change my values.

Does anybody know what to do to make this work?

Best regards,

Chris

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-
4 Replies 4

pieterh
VIP
VIP

>>> The qos-map trust-dscp-upstream needs to be configured on the ap join profile via CLI since there is no option for it on the GUI <<<

are you sure ?? isn't this a controller config? 

from Cisco Live presentation: 

(Cisco Controller) > config qos qosmap trust-dscp-upstream enable

Hi Pieter,

That is indeed the command on the Aireos Controller. On the Aireos controller I tested it and it works as expected. On the Catalyst 9800 though, not.

Best regards,

Chris

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

I think you can do is either with GUI ( Configuration  Tags & Profiles  Policy -> QoS and AVC) or CLI, 

but you need a distinct policy-name:  Configuring SIP CAC

Configure the policy profile with the Platinum metal QoS Policy.
The upstream policy is specified with the keyword platinum-up as shown in the example.

Note 

Upstream policies differ from downstream policies. The upstream policies have a suffix of -up.

Just to let you (and other people who find this topic) know; bug CSCvt87401 has been registered for this issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card