cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9800 Flexconnect implementation

Maurice Ball
Level 3
Level 3

I am in the process of implementing a new flexconnect deployment between four buildings all connected to a single HA pair.

I would like to use a unique native vlan on each of the four buildings.
Will using a different native vlan on each building cause any networking issues?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@Maurice Ball wrote:

Will using a different native vlan on each building cause any networking issues?

You can have different Native VLAN's configured under different Flex Profiles as long as they are the AP management VLAN for that building.

• Buidling 1 - Native VLAN 100 - AP management VLAN 100
  • Building 2 - Native VLAN 200 - AP management VLAN 200
  • Buidling 3 - Native VLAN 300 - AP management VLAN 300
  • Building 4 - Native VLAN 400 - AP management VLAN 400

Ensure that the native VLAN is the same across all APs in the same location and site tag, as this will bring significant enhancements to roaming, I would also recommend you read the best practices guide, specifically below section 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@Maurice Ball wrote:

You can have different Native VLAN's configured under different Flex Profiles as long as they are the AP management VLAN for that building.

• Buidling 1 - Native VLAN 100 - AP management VLAN 100
  • Building 2 - Native VLAN 200 - AP management VLAN 200
  • Buidling 3 - Native VLAN 300 - AP management VLAN 300
  • Building 4 - Native VLAN 400 - AP management VLAN 400

Ensure that the native VLAN is the same across all APs in the same location and site tag, as this will bring significant enhancements to roaming, I would also recommend you read the best practices guide, specifically below section 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card