Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9800-L-F fans failed after upgrade

ppnlr
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading the 9800 from 17.9.4a to 17.9.5 an error appears:
*Sep 10 13:08:16.163: %CMRP_PFU-3-PFU_FANS_DEAD: Chassis 1 R0/0: cmand: The fans in the FM in slot 1 have all failed.
upon observation, I think the fans stopped, although if the device reloads, you will hear it running. I'm trying to rollback the version but I think the device reloads due to excessive heat.

7 Replies 7

ammahend
VIP
VIP

show facility-alarm status
-hope this helps-

- You may also look into : 
           show platform software system all
            show platform resources
            show environment chassis active r0  

show environment
           show environment summary

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- May I also add :
               show logging profile hardware-diagnostics
                 show platform hardware slot 0 fan status
                 show platform hardware slot P1 fan status

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

ppnlr
Level 1
Level 1

I just turned off the device to cool down..then turn it on again and the error didn't reappear. tried to upgrade the software again just in case that's a bug.

>.....then turn it on again and the error didn't reappear.
  - Note that even in that case it can be useful to checkout the health of the controller 
    Advised commands :     show facility-alarm status
                                         show logging profile hardware-diagnostics
                                              show platform hardware slot 0 fan status
                                              show platform hardware slot P1 fan status

M.

ppnlr
Level 1
Level 1

just ran the commands today and everything is normal. Thanks for the assisstance.

- Great to hear !

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card