cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change DHCP server for a WLC interface and WLAN(s) resetting?

Feds
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I need to change the Primary DHCP server address on an WLC interface used for wireless clients access, interface name is "client1".
Many wireless clients from different groups connect to a single WLAN which has dot1x auth enabled via ISE. Each group has his own interface on WLC.
This WLAN is currently associated on WLC to the "management" interface.

When I try to change the DHCP server address for "client1" interface, I get this message:
"Changing the Interface parameters causes the WLANs to be temporarily disabled and thus may result in loss of connectivity for some clients".

My question is: are WLANs (and which ones) really briefly disabled when changing this setting, even if there's no static association on WLC between the interface I'm changing and a specific WLAN?

WLC is a 5508 running 8.5.141.0 .

Cheers!
Fed S.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If that interface is not mapped to any WLAN, then you should not have any disturbance to any WLAN.

HTH

Rasika

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Unless that "client1" interface mapped to a WLAN, config change on that "client1" interface should not have any impact on other WLANs

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Hi Rasika,

Thank you for a very quick answer, that was my understanding too.

Just to be clear, when you say "should not have any impact on other WLANs" you mean "no impact on any WLANs"? This interface is not mapped to any WLANs, mapping is dynamic only via dot1x.

Thanks again.

Fed

If that interface is not mapped to any WLAN, then you should not have any disturbance to any WLAN.

HTH

Rasika

OK great, thank you!
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card