cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Channels Supported by 1552

don-thompson
Level 1
Level 1

Couple questions on setting channels on Cisco 1552s. First off almost all locations are fibered and set as RAPs. It doesn't allow me to set the channel assignment method to "global" to use DCA. It says it can't be done for a mesh backhaul AP. Is there any way around this? Next, when the channel is set to "custom" there are only 5 channels listed to choose from in the UNII-3 band. The spec sheet on the 1552 shows it supports other frequencies in the UNII-2 and UNII-2 extended range. Why can't I select those channels?

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have multiple country domains configured on the WLC?  IF so, that might be why.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

The only country checked is US. It shows my regulatory domain as "-A".

On the 802.11a configuration of the RAP, can you post a screen shot of the channels when you select custom?  I see all my channels on the 1552.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Here is mine...

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Your image only shows the 5 upper channels like mine. Although it looks like you posted my screen capture instead of yours. I am pretty sure all the lower UNII channels were there before. There must be some setting that is preventing me from using them. Seems like it started as soon as I added the MAPs to the system. The global DCA wouldn't work anymore nor could I choose the other channels. I guess I will have to start backing off the settings to see which one did it. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: