cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Chromecast with Autonomous Access Points

scottsassin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that has a Chromecast, with a 1010 and a 1130 Autonomous access points. I can not get the Chromecast to work. Can someone tell me how to enable mDNS, or Multicast on these access points? 

3 Replies 3

Try this & see

dot11 igmp snooping-helper

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Service-routing mdns-sd

Device (config)# service-routing mdns-sd

Enables mDNS gateway functionality for a device and enters multicast DNS configuration (config-mdns) mode.
Note        

This command enables the mDNS function globally.
Note        

Enter the service-routing mdns-sd source-interface if-name command in either global-config or interface-config mode, to specify an alternate source interface for outgoing mDNS packets, so its IP address can be used when there is none configured on the outgoing interface.

Hi Abhishek,

On which software code of Autonomous AP, you can run above command ?

We prefer you to check these commands & make sure they works in the products mentioned in this thread before responding.

Otherwise your/Cisco credibility lost based on the responses you make, if they are not related to the question asked.

As per below, this command is applicable for IOS based controllers & not applicable to Autonomous AP.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/5700/software/release/ios_xe_33/service_discovery_gateway_DG/b_service_discovery_gateway_DG/b_service_discovery_gateway_DG_chapter_010.html

HTH

Rasika

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card