cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 1130 ag multiple ssid (no dhcp support)

johan maljaars
Level 1
Level 1

hi there,

i' ve got 2 cisco 1130 AG AP's , i want both of them to broadcast 2 ssid's per AP, i've done so far but my clients cannot get a ip adress from the dhcp server.

please read my config.txt file out of my AP and tell me were i am going wrong

thanks

johan maljaars  / info@upqu.nl

upqu media

19 Replies 19

Hi John,

Remove the configuration line "encryption mode ciphers aes-ccm tkip"

Also could you please provide the switch port configuration? Also where do you have the DHCP configured? Could you please share the DHCP configuration.

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!

dhcp server ip is 192.168.178.1

range is 192.168.178.20 to 192.168.178.200  / subnet 255.255.255.0

Remove the configuration line "encryption mode ciphers aes-ccm tkip" gives still the same !

anymore options ?, enable dhcp in the AP ?

when i manually add the ip settings / gateway settings in my wireless client there is also no internet access !

when i found the ssid with my client, enter the key then no ip adress is assigned. in the log file on the 1130 AP there is a rule:

Interface Dot11Radio0, Station UPQU1 c485.08b1.e419 Associated KEY_MGMT[NONE]

johan

Hi,

Ok..There is no specific configuration on the AP for DHCP other than mapping the SSID to correct vlan.

Is the dhcp configured on the switch?

Could you please share the configuration on the switch port where the AP is connected?

Also could you please configure the switch port where AP is connected to vlan 13 and connect the PC to this port and check if your are getting the ip address from vlan 13?

Regards

Najaf

my switch is a very basic Cisco 100 Series. no configurations for that !!, is that needed ???

when i go to factory default settings, and set a basic setup with one ssid broadcasting there is no problem with assigning an ip adress from the dhcp server to the clients !!

thanks for your help

johan

Hi John,

This exactly could be the problem then. If you want the AP to run with multiple vlans, then on the switch end you should be configuring the port as trunk port which will then help the switch to carry multiple vlans traffic over the trunk link. If your switch is not supporting the trunk configuration it will carry only one vlan information. That is the reason why your are getting ip address when you have single ssid to vlan mapping.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Najaf

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card