cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2500 Wireless Controller

m.anwar
Level 1
Level 1

hello everyone i have issue with Cisco 2500 wireless controller when power's out  in the whole building and back when i power on the controller i have this issue information 

wlc.JPG

kind regards,
Mahmoud Anwar
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looks like broken compact flash card in the WLC. If you still have warranty RMA it, if not, you might be able to buy a used one for little money (as it's already very old). Alternatively, get a newer model, like the 3504 (which is also already outdated, but could be mostly compatible with the configuration backup....). 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

looks like a hardware issue.

You need to RMA the WLC or else opened a TAC case.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

thank you

kind regards,
Mahmoud Anwar

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looks like broken compact flash card in the WLC. If you still have warranty RMA it, if not, you might be able to buy a used one for little money (as it's already very old). Alternatively, get a newer model, like the 3504 (which is also already outdated, but could be mostly compatible with the configuration backup....). 

thank you patoberil but i have a question when power off the controller and unplug the socket of power source from the controller and by mistake i hit by hand on the controller and plugin the power source the error doesn't occur and the device startup correctly and is working what can i do?

kind regards,
Mahmoud Anwar

That sounds like some part of the hardware is broken. I would look for a replacement of the whole WLC.

What the hardware part do you doubt and what is a DDR clock means ?

kind regards,
Mahmoud Anwar

I don’t think you want to try to fix it yourself. You might as well find another 2504 or look for a 3504.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

DDR clock is typically the RAM. Based on the error I more suspect a file system corruption, which is much more common.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card