Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2504 with AP1832I-E-K9 problem

pbutwilo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have Cisco 2504 controller working with nine AIR-CAP702I-E-K9 without problem. I bought new one AIR-AP1832I-E-K9 and it is visible in wireless section but my mobile devices can only connect to the AIR-AP1832I-E-K9 but don't connect with other parts of my network, can't connect with program and database located on server.Wireless and Mobility

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@pbutwilo wrote:

Hello,

I have Cisco 2504 controller working with nine AIR-CAP702I-E-K9 without problem. I bought new one AIR-AP1832I-E-K9 and it is visible in wireless section but my mobile devices can only connect to the AIR-AP1832I-E-K9 but don't connect with other parts of my network, can't connect with program and database located on server.Wireless and Mobility

What firmware is the controller running on?

Software Version 8.3.143.0

Maybe I can describe the problem more precisely. Warehouse workers uses portable devices Honeywell Dolphin 6500 and if they are in room where this device is connected to AIR-AP1832I-E-K9 if you send PING to the Server, it is not reachable. If you change this place to other, where you are connected to AIR-CAP702I-E-K9, no matter which of the nine I have, all is OK, ping is normal.

Raise a TAC Case. I suspect this is a bug.
What happens, say, if you upgrade to 8.5.135.0?
If you are going to upgrade, read the Release Notes and make sure all your APs are supported in 8.5.135.0.

Now I have big big problem. I can't connect with WLC. I upgrade the FUS with file AIR-CT2500-K9-2-0-0-0-FUS.aes and now I can't log into WLC. The IP adress was 192.168.1.230 and now its unreachable.

LED PWR is solid green, SYS is fast blinking green and ALM is solid green.

Check the console output.

After more than hour waiting Controller started, and now all is ok I think. Ufff. I was little afraid.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card