cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2504 WLC & Best Practices for Apple Devices

recent2Cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello...I have a Cisco 2504 Wireless LAN Controller with a software version of 8.5.105.0.  I don't live inside the controller, so I need a little assistance.  From the Home screen, I've been attempting to enable all of the Best Practices for Apple Devices.  In the QOS Trust DSCP section, I'm trying to "Enable" the Qos Map.  When I click on the green "Manual Configuration" button, it takes me to the QoS Map Config area where I can select "Enable" from the dropdown.  When I do select Enable from the dropdown, I receive the following message:  802.11a and 802.11b networks must be disabled to change qos map.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to disable my 802.11a and 802.11b networks.  Anyone have any ideas?  As well, when I get the setting changed to Enable, I'm sure I will have to enable the 802.11a and 802.11b networks.  Anyone have any ideas on how to do that?

Any suggestions would be most helpful.  Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@recent2Cisco@Flavio Miranda

Both are right.

first you need to type the Flavio CLI commands to disable the network, then make your changes, after issued the @recent2Cisco commands:

config 802.11a disable network

config 802.11b disable network

<Make your change>

config 802.11a enable network

config 802.11b enable network

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi @recent2Cisco

On the wireless tab, you can see 802.11a/n and 802.11b/g/n. 

You can expand them and on general you can find a bottom to disable it.

Or you can use CLI:

config  802.11a disable network

Config 802.11b disable network

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

What about how to re-enable the networks, is it:

Or is it different?

Thanks.

@recent2Cisco@Flavio Miranda

Both are right.

first you need to type the Flavio CLI commands to disable the network, then make your changes, after issued the @recent2Cisco commands:

config 802.11a disable network

config 802.11b disable network

<Make your change>

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: