Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3800 - Mobility Express Mode 8.10.142.0 - 160Mhz Channel width

Hi

I have a single Cisco 3800 running Mobility Express. Unfortunately, I have been trying to set it up with 160 or 80+80 but it gives an error "unable to assign IPAddress" and then all radios shut off and then I have to turn them back on manually. I have received another error "The DCA selected channels do not support this". Is there something specific that I need to configure in order to get 160Mhz support? I have already selected 1 channel per 8 channels so it can combine to give the 160MHZ bandwidth.

Clipboard Picture (2020.12.20 11.55.47).png

Hoping someone has already done this and can help out.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Typically you just allow all the channels then define the channel width. RRM will then select the appropriate channels. This guide only shows support for 80mhz

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/810/user_guide/b_ME_User_Guide_810/specify_wireless_setgs.html
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Typically you just allow all the channels then define the channel width. RRM will then select the appropriate channels. This guide only shows support for 80mhz

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/810/user_guide/b_ME_User_Guide_810/specify_wireless_setgs.html
-Scott

Thank you Scott. That would explain it why it doesn't work and the whole AP behaves weirdly. I guess Mobility Express still is a long way from a complete solution and controller is the way to go even for a small solution.

Thanks again Scott.

Well Mobility Express is no longer being worked on. EWC or embedded wireless controller has replaced that. I never liked Mobility Express but the EWC works so much better.
-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card