Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4402 and 5508 controller installation

vyas.nilay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My client has on cisco 4402 controller running with 48 AP on this. Client requires to add another 25 AP but licence on the current controller is not supported client bought another controller 5508 with 25 AP.

I have been tasked to installe 5508 with conjestion of 4402. I have make the software version on both of them as below

AIR-CT5500-K9-7-0-235-3.aes

AIR-WLC4400-K9-7-0-235-3.aes

to match the same IOS version on both the controller. I have follwoing challages with me and I need some help with,

- 5508 will registerd 25 AP while .. 4408 will continue with 48 AP.

- 5508 is going to be in DC and it will be directly connected to firewall as default gateway for guest SSID. 4402 is going to be on another building.

-  How can I make sure that Users connected to AP registered with 4402 will have the same deafult gateway as 5508. Thre is no layer 2 connectivity between this two controllers.

- There is no romaing going to happen between this two controller as both are two different locations and user will leave one location will disconnect and it joines bak when it reach to another controller.

- Is there any way to configure 5508 as master and 4402 as slave kind of connections?

Please let me know what is the best possible way to get this running in smoothest way.

Please let me know if you require more information on this.

Kind Regards,

Nilay Vyas.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you want the guest to be put on the 5508, then you just need to create an anchor. So guest users who associate to the guest SSID from AP's on the 4400, will be tunneled to the 5508. Look at this doc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/guest_access/technical/reference/4.1/GAccess_41.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you want the guest to be put on the 5508, then you just need to create an anchor. So guest users who associate to the guest SSID from AP's on the 4400, will be tunneled to the 5508. Look at this doc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/guest_access/technical/reference/4.1/GAccess_41.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card