cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4G-LTE-ANTM-D antennas bizarre issue

Marko M
Level 1
Level 1

Our customer is using Cisco 4G-LTE-ANTM-D= antennas (they've got several included with Cisco routers). They have ordered new additional batch, but the issue is that despite same part number they are different from "old" ones - it seems that manufacturer is different. Main issue is that on original (ie "old") antennas the joint is firm (ie antenna is not "loose"), while on new ones antenna is very loose in joint and moves considerably at slightest touch.

The manufacturing standard on "new" batch is quite bad, compared to "old" one - the "gap" in plastic assembling is noticeable, while on old ones it is almost invisible. Also font for part number print on antenna itself is slightly different.

Is there any way to resolve the issue? I think "joints" in "new" batch are faulty ... Suggestions (TY in advance)?

1 Reply 1

p_gamarra
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is a 3 year old thread but I have a similar concern and problems with these 4G-LTE-ANTM-D antennas. They are quite delicate and the plastic joint to the connector breaks off quite easily. I've already lost a handful of these out on the field and cannot continue with the same situation. Anybody knows of any alternatives to this LTE antenna model?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card