Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 5508 WLC HA SSO

Jay233
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have an existing 5508 running 7.6.130.0 code and a new 5508 SKU running 7.6.130.0 code, my issue is that although the controllers have the same primary image the "Field Recovery Images are different"? The existing WLC is showing version 6. something while the new SKU WLC is showing 7.6.95.0?

I have upgraded the existing WLC with FUS Release 1.9.0.0, watched it via console and all looked good but after reboot still shows the same old 6.1.something version?

My question is for a successful HA SSO join/pairing does this Field Recovery Image inconsistency matter?   

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Jay

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The existing WLC is showing version 6. something while the new SKU WLC is showing 7.6.95.0?

This is showing the WLC's backup firmware, to be used in case the primary firmware is corrupt.  

My question is for a successful HA SSO join/pairing does this Field Recovery Image inconsistency matter?   

Won't make any difference.  With the next upgrade, the backup firmware will be the same. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The existing WLC is showing version 6. something while the new SKU WLC is showing 7.6.95.0?

This is showing the WLC's backup firmware, to be used in case the primary firmware is corrupt.  

Won't make any difference.  With the next upgrade, the backup firmware will be the same. 

Thanks for taking the time to rate our posts.  :)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card