cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 5520 WLC software upgrade

DKershner12
Level 1
Level 1

I downloaded the software and loaded on the WLC. I did a pre-download to all APs and one failed. But when I look at it I see

DKershner12_0-1684424364870.png

So, it looks like someone previously pre-loaded the correct version so my download failed? Is that a correct interpretation?

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Doesn't matter too much , reboot the particular AP , usually it will come back online with the correct (controller based version) ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

OK.

Now it seems I have a new problem. I pushed the new version out to all the APs and was waiting for a time I could reboot the WLC and all the APs. Well one site just had a power outage and when it came back up I don't see the APs anymore and the SSID is down.

WLC doesn't have a log?

>....Well one site just had a power outage
   - That is very worse condition and or event during an upgrade , in the worst case the APs are corrupted ; try power cycling them with for instance shutting and un-shutting the switch ports they are connected to (provides this is used for POE too) and see if they come back or not , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Well I'd say it's corrupted. AP flashes green and then will go solid and then flashes again.

Do you know how to roll this back on the other APs? I didn't see any warning that this was no different then setting up routers and switches.

A point of clarification. When I said I loaded the new software version to the APs it was loaded. The power outage did not come until 4 hours after they completed the downloads. So maybe the AP is running on the new software and is not communicating with the WLC because it is using the old version?

I can't be sure that it's actually corrupt as the indicator light is flashing green. But I'm assuming it is as flashing green is supposed to mean it's ready for clients but no SSID is seen from it.

I know there's nothing I can do for that AP. But I have 60 more that I don't want to risk. But all of them show

All the APs show primary 8.10.142.0 and secondary 8.10.185.0

>...as the indicator light is flashing green.
      - Indicates  that the AP is trying to acquire an IP address , check the DHCP server's logs (e.g.)

M.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

What model of AP at the site which got power-cycled?
Had you switched the APs to the new image as primary yet?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card