Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9130i showing lowest power levels

CiscoWiFiGuy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

1) I was going through one of the files for Config Analyzer and found that some of the radios of Cisco 9130i Access Point are showing power as -2dbm,-3 and even -4dbm . Could you please share your thoughts as what could be the issue. or its related to this bug id :

Cisco 9130 AP: Tx power for Microcell created by the AP for slot2
CSCwa65318  
CiscoWiFiGuy_0-1705246633165.png

We are on 17.9.4 IOS Release and having 9800-40 wlc in environment.

2) Also i have noticed somehow RRM is not assigned properly as i have seen many 5Ghz radios are 7dbm or 8 dbm . whereas as per regulations is supports max 22dbm  (Tx power level 1) . i understand that normally phones and laptops have power levels between 10 to 14dbm . So ideally it should match and i should tweak the power levels to at least 14dbm on access point to match ap and client power level. Please correct me if that's a right approach.

Appreciate if you can share your thoughts on both .

Cheers!

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Note  that the bug report provides info's about fixed versions ,  

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Yes it has the fixed version and i was surprised to know that we are already on one of the fixed version but still seeing this. Would you be able to suggest any possible cause and also 2nd part of my query as well.

Thanks

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Read https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-9/config-guide/b_wl_17_9_cg/m_rrm_c9800.html#concept_2FA31C46D223479AA611F6BC80AABCF5 then check your RRM/TPC settings.

Presumably you defined your intended power levels in your design and site survey?

Regarding that bug - I don't think you're being affected because it only applies if you're using the AP in tri-radio mode and slot 2 is a 5GHz radio so not relevant to 2.4 GHz.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card