Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9136 LACP not working

ANKUSH_SINGLA
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am suing C9800-L-F-K9 with 17.9.3 image and trying to use both ports for C9136I Wap.
WAP is connected to C9300-24UX model with image 17.9.3

Issues

Switch is configure with LACP Config and LAG is enabled on AP join profile in WLC
I am seeing below error on switch

%ETC-5-L3DONTBNDL2: Tex/x/x suspended: LACP currently not enabled on the remote port.

your inputs will be helpful, pls help

8 Replies 8

Can i see the page you config LAG ?

Did you use lacp in wlc ? Or run mode ON?

MHM

we enabled LAG on AP Join Profile not globally . in WLC i do not see any option for Mode on 

image.png

So the WLC not support lacp

You need to make port channel in switch use mode ON 

MHM

>...in WLC i do not see any option for Mode on 
   - It's to be set on the switch , as in (e.g.) :

switch# configure terminal
switch(config)# interface fastethernet 0/1
switch(config-if)# channel-group 5 mode on

Change interface name  and channel group number accordingly and verify settings with :

show ethernet channel summary

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Set LACP mode on , for the AP intended LACP ports ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

@marce1000 @MHM Cisco World  thanks for reply , does this mean WiFi6E waps will only work on Mode on not active ? 

I think Yes'

If you not see lacp option in general (and also check it in management tab) then Yes it support only ON mode.

MHM

- Indeed ,

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card