Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9800 WLC seperate SSIDs on physical Interfaces

mikey69
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

does anyone know if it is possible on Catalyst 9800 to seperate different SSIDs/VLANs on the physical Ports?

The idea is for example to have Switch connecting to the WLC with 1 Portchannel for some SSIDs as Layer-2-breakout and another Portchannel for the other SSIDs as Layer-2-breakout?

Our current WLC 5520 does not support that.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

@mikey69 yes this is possible in C9800 as it's basically a switch with WLC functionallities, so you can use all interfaces to split traffic from SSIDs into different environments.

In my current setup I'm using Te0 and Ten1 bonded in port-channel and forwarding some VLANs, then Ten7 to forward management for another VLAN.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Yeah, it is possible. Actually, you can map the SSID to VLAN (except  VLAN 0. Similarly, you cannot map a WLAN to VLANs 1002 to 1006)

But you can accomplish that easily. 

mikey69
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure if you got my question right.

What i want to accomplish:

2 Interfaces (Gi0 and Gi1) are in a lacp portchannel1 and serve as layer 2 breakout for SSID "Test1" Vlan 1500.

2 other Interfaces (Gi2 and Gi3) in a lacp portchannel2 and serve as layer 2 breakout for SSID "Test2" Vlan 1600.

Is that possible with Cat 9800?

That´s correct. One SSID will ne mapped to vlan 1500 and the other one to vlan 1600.  

mikey69
Level 1
Level 1

Im still not sure if you got me right. Maybe i'm explaining to difficult. I hope this picture makes it clearwlc cisco forum.png

I dont see any pic

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

@mikey69 yes this is possible in C9800 as it's basically a switch with WLC functionallities, so you can use all interfaces to split traffic from SSIDs into different environments.

In my current setup I'm using Te0 and Ten1 bonded in port-channel and forwarding some VLANs, then Ten7 to forward management for another VLAN.

Thats exacly what i was asking for. Thank you very much!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card