Helpful
Replies

How to re-image Embedded AP to Lightweight

thuy.hoang
Level 1
Level 1

How to re-image Embedded AP to Lightweight

Hi Buddies,

I have a Access point C9120. Last time, I have tried to convert it from Lightweight to EWC mode to test. Now I need to convert it back to Lightweight mode, then I just find an only way is run the command "wireless ewc ap ap-type ap-name capwap|ewc", but if I do factory reset, the AP will come to EWC again.

Is there anyone know others way to fresh re-image EWC to Lightweight ?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Why do you need factory reset after converting to capwap mode ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi Marce,

It simply that I just want to test what happen if someone try to factory reset by reset button.

- The intend of converting to capwap mode , is done by the command as you denoted it, if you do an (additional) factory reset then the AP will be in EWC mode (again), because that is the default factory-mode , so for your usage of the access point, the factory reset should not be done and or avoided.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Boot to ROMMON and then install the standard CAPWAP image.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card